FOS - Worldwide Social Struggle
Author: Leonard Gentle
The term “Labour” (as in Labour movement, organised Labour, Labour Party, labour standards etc.) has long been associated with two concepts:
· the working class as a social force, and
· trade unions as an organisational form
But this dominant perspective on the term “Labour” is not the only one. This is not a dictionary matter, nor something to be decided by some official agreed definition, by the International Labour Organisation (ILO), for instance.
It is a political debate.
Social Protection is a universal human right.
Are you a civil organization that works on a better social protection for everyone? Then share your initiatives with the world by adding them to our world map of actions. Any action or activity in favor of stronger social protection will do: education, awareness raising, political lobby and advocacy, public campaigning, media, etc., at a local, national or international levels.
- Our world map of actions visualizes actions for solidarity based social protection all over the world
- It is a strong signal for politicians that people and civil society worldwide want solidarity based social protection for all.
- Every added action increases the power of our message.
Register your action on our website
www.socialprotection.world (Click “Join”)
How can you join in?
- Go to the Global Action website.
- Click “Join” to register
- Fill out the requested information about your organization.
- Endorse the common manifesto.
- Describe briefly your activities or actions and their objectives.