FOS - Worldwide Social Struggle
Anna Ushamba, 15 July 2016
# ThisFlag #Murezauyu #IfulegiLeyi #shutdownzimbabwe #tajamuka
We will not be silenced!
It started off as a one woman/man band, but today the oneness is coming together, despite attempts by the state to intimidate and harass the emergence of small pockets of resistance. The protests have been fuelled by a shortage of cash in the country and the government’s plans to introduce a Zimbabwean currency in the form of bond notes, to circulate alongside a basket of foreign currencies adopted in 2009, in a bid to ease widespread cash shortages stalking its sluggish economy. This has raised fears of the recurrence of the ill-fated ‘bearer cheques’ that accelerated inflation, which rendered the local currency worthless.
Social Protection is a universal human right.
Are you a civil organization that works on a better social protection for everyone? Then share your initiatives with the world by adding them to our world map of actions. Any action or activity in favor of stronger social protection will do: education, awareness raising, political lobby and advocacy, public campaigning, media, etc., at a local, national or international levels.
- Our world map of actions visualizes actions for solidarity based social protection all over the world
- It is a strong signal for politicians that people and civil society worldwide want solidarity based social protection for all.
- Every added action increases the power of our message.
Register your action on our website
www.socialprotection.world (Click “Join”)
How can you join in?
- Go to the Global Action website.
- Click “Join” to register
- Fill out the requested information about your organization.
- Endorse the common manifesto.
- Describe briefly your activities or actions and their objectives.